Call for 2022 Research Award
Deadline: January 28, 2022
- Applicant(s) must have at least undergraduate level graduation.
- The research award covers the studies about to begin or ongoing studies or the studies which are planned to be completed in one year.
- Work on documentation, taking inventory, listing, digitization etc. will not be accepted for consideration.
- The work/project covered in the application may be a study or thesis towards a Master’s or Ph.D. degree.
- The applications may be filed either in Turkish or English.
All applications must be submitted through KUDreamApply platform.
Required documents for online application:
- Research Project Proposal
The proposal should include the following chapter:
- Title Page (Title of the project, name of the Project Coordinator, year, If this is a thesis, it must be written in the footnote.)
- Abstract (100-250 words)
- Introduction: A brief introduction and statement discussing the scientific significance of the research project and potential results of its application
- Objectives and scope of the research
- Research Question
- Method / Project plan
- Time schedule: Research project process may cover at most a calendar year.
- Budget: A detailed table presenting expenses other than fixed equipment purchases
- Literature search (evaluation of previous studies and references in the field of research)
2. Applicant’s CV
3. Two reference letter
At least 2 letters of recommendation providing a general perspective on the project and attesting that the applicant has the experience and skills required to implement the project, should be submitted by the applicant.
In case the project pertains to a graduate thesis, the reference providers should be persons other than the thesis advisor.
For oher info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applications shall be reviewed initially by a Scientific Board including experts in the field, from universities in Türkiye and abroad.
- The final review shall be made by the VEKAM Executve Committe, in line with the recommendations of the Scientific Board. After the approval of the VEKAM Executve Committe, the reulsts will be announced after the approval of Koç Univertiy’s President.
- The results shall be announced on VEKAM’s web site.
- The correspondance will take place preferably via the e-mail address specified by the project coordinator applicant, or other communication channels if necessary. In cases involving more than one applicant for a given project, the project coordinator shall be required to notify the remaining applicants.
Research Award: Payments and Terms
The upper limit for each research award is TRY 10.000. Payments shall be made to the project coordinator applicant in a lump sum, pending the submittal of the final project report to VEKAM.
Researcher’s Obligations and Responsibilities
Researchers who are entitled to the research award shall be required to commence work in line with the project schedule, and conclude the Project on the date specified in the schedule.
The researcher shall be required to submit the final report for the activities carried out within the framework of the project, as well as any and all outputs of the project, to VEKAM.
Researchers are obliged to prepare a peer-reviewed article that gives and evaluates the findings they have reached as a result of their studies and to submit them to the Journal of Ankara Studies.