– Workshop will be held in Turkish and English. Simultaneous translation will be available.
– Registration to the workshop is required. Participation is free.
– The registration form should be filled in. After the applications for the workshop are received, positive or negative responses for participation will be notified via e-mail.
– Participation quota is limited to 90 people.
– Participants who are actively working in the field will be prioritized in registrations.
– On the second day, in the afternoon, participants will be able to attend only one model workshop. Simultaneous translation will not be available for the workshop sessions.
– Workshop will be held in person at Ankara Orchard House.
Since 2019 Koç University VEKAM has been organizing The Cultural Heritage Studies for Children (0-18) Workshop series under the supervision of Assoc. Prof. Çiğdem Maner ( Koç University) and Özlem Dengiz Uğur (Architect – Museum Educator) to contribute and support sustainable cultural heritage education in Turkey. The purpose of the workshop series is to provide new perspectives to the ones who have been actively participating in this field by presenting practices both in Turkey and abroad. In this regard, we believe that workshops will have a very significant role in the institutionalization of cultural heritage education in Turkey on a sustainable, international and academic platform.
While the first workshop, which was held on November 14th – 15th, 2019 covered cultural heritage studies for children from a multidisciplinary perspective, the second workshop which intended to focus on teacher-based practices in the field of cultural heritage studies was held on April 29 – 30, 2021, and the third workshop of the series was held on 2-3 November 2022 under the theme Children’s Book, Comics and Photography.
We are thrilled to announce the fourth workshop of the series will be held in person at VEKAM’s Ankara Orchard House (in Ankara) on 16-17 November 2023 with the theme of Field, Museum and Natural Heritage Educational Practices.
With the participation of valuable speakers from Germany, Japan, Denmark and Turkey, topics such as child, family, school, teacher trainings, outdoor and indoor trainings, trainings on natural heritage, practical training activities will be discussed and the studies carried out in this context will be presented to the participants.
The two day long workshop will include model workshops in the afternoon on November 17, to give an idea to professionals to adopt their studies in to a workshop. Workshops will be in Turkish and English.
Registration to the workshop is closed. Thank you for your interest.