Primary, middle, and high school visits to the Ankara Orchard House aim to introduce the characteristics of Ankara city culture, the works exhibited in the house and Koç University. The Ankara Orchard House is suitable for lessons on museum visits, history, history of art, and folklore. The conservation laboratory in the middle floor and the artifacts on display provide ideal opportunities to explain to interested students the chemical changes that occur because of heat and light.
Primary, middle, and high school group visits are free of charge. These visits last around 40 minutes. Depending on the requests of school groups, the visits will start with presentations or documentaries concerning 18th to 20th century history of Ankara, 20th century history of Keçiören, on being a child in Ankara during the early republic era, and on VEKAM, and continue with a guided tour of the Ankara Orchard House.
These visits aim to introduce to University students and group of academics, the works exhibited at VEKAM, The Ankara Orchard House, and Ankara city culture as well as
introducing efforts made at Koç University and VEKAM. The Ankara Orchard House is quite suitable for conducting field lectures in history of art, conservation, architecture, interior architecture, sociology, and folklore.
Visits for groups of university students and academics are free of charge. These visits last 40 to 90 minutes, depending on the requests of the groups. When VEKAM’s schedule allows it, it is possible to continue the lessons in the conference hall, and depending on the requests of the groups, presentations or documentaries concerning 18th to 20th century history of Ankara, 20th century history of Keçiören, on being a child in Ankara during the early republic era and on VEKAM take place. Depending on the request of the groups, it is possible to show videos of events that were held at VEKAM.
Issues to consider as you plan your visit
* In accordance with Koç University campus rules, group members are required to fill in the form provided in the link below.
* Individual who are part of the visitor group can take photographs; however, these images cannot be used for commercial purposes. Individuals who wish to use these photographs in their academic work need to fill in the form on VEKAM’s Library and Archives page, and to apply by email to the address specified below.
* The building can accommodate groups of 25 visitors at most.
* There are no cafeterias and no beverage services at the Ankara Orchard House.
* The sample publications at the Ankara Orchard House are not for sale. Visitors will only be given a complimentary copy of the VEKAM brochure.
* There is no health center and no medical services are available at the Ankara Orchard House.
* There is no gift shop in the Ankara Orchard House.
* No parking area is available for service buses and private vehicles in the Ankara Orchard House campus.
For group visits, a reservation must be made at least 10 days before the planned date so that the presenter and the schedule of the hall can be arranged. For appointments, please contact the specialist:
Project and Event Specialist
Arzu Beril Kırcı
Telephone: +90 (312) 355 2027 extension 21