2020 // Projects which Received Koç University VEKAM Research Awards:
- Bülent Ayyıldız, Ankara Ancyra, Angora, Ankara through the Eyes of Italian Travelers: History, Repetition, and Transformation.
- Ayşe Tekel, Modeling of the Change in the Visual Aesthetic Quality of the Streets in the Historical Process: The Example of Ulus and Kızılay City Centers in Ankara.
- Mine Bican, Exhibition Venues and Galleries in Ankara from 1950 to 2000.
- Esra Özkan Koç, Exhibition Activities of the British Council in Ankara in the 1940s.
- Hakkı Ozan Karayiğit, Mapping Local Transformations, Place-(re)makings and a Way Forward for New Forms of Social Cohesion: Turks, Romanis and Iraqis in the Demirlibahçe
- Gökhan Tunç, Building a New Nation: The Reinforced Concrete Buildings of Ankara during the Early Years of the Turkish Republic, 1923–1938.
- Nehir Durna, The Experience and Memory of the Elderly of the Transforming City in Çankaya, Ankara.
- Saitcan Güngördü, Living Practices of Solid Waste Collectors and Sociopolitical Analyses: The Case of Ankara.
2019 // Projects which Received Koç University VEKAM Research Awards:
- Cem Dedekargınoğlu, Reading the Story of the American Billet (General Directorate of Petrol Ofisi) Building through the American Impact on the Development of Ankara.
- Jose Duarte Medeiros Ribeiro, Legacy of Grape: A Socio-Cultural and Spatial Analysis of Ankara’s Wine Production History.
- Gülşah Aykaç, Underground Neighborhoods: Re-Mapping the Urban Transformation of Çinçin Bağları Through Work Narratives.
- Sezen Savran, Spatial Distribution Pattern and Daily Life Practices of Syrian Immigrants in Ankara.
- Özlem Uğurlu, The Evaluation of the Importance of Ecosystem Services of the Gölbaşı Special Environmental Protection Area for the City of Ankara.
- Nurettin Özgen, Naming Spaces in the Context of Political Ideologies: The Example of Cultural Centers in Ankara.
- Sümeyye Hoşgör Büke, Food Consumption and Eating Habits in Eighteenth Century Ankara.
- Muzaffer Karaaslan, The Ottoman Period Painted Embroidery and Wall Paintings in Ankara.
2018 // Projects which Received Koç University VEKAM Research Awards:
- Irmak Yavuz, the River Face of Ankara: An Urban Formation Narrative in the Context of River Geography.
- Ceylin Arslan, The Traditional Agricultural Tool Thresh within the Context of Intangible Cultural Heritage: The Case of Ankara.
- Seçkin Büyücek, Gizem Kulak, An Ethnographic Perspective on the Places of Social and Daily Life in Ankara through the Eyes of Güvenevler
- Ferah Burgul Adıgüzel, Literature Education Through Creative Drama in Ankara Literary Museums as a Space of Literary Memory.
- Gül Şimşek Hasanoğlan, A Socio-Spatial Analysis of the Village Institute from its Establishment until Today.
- Leyla Alpagut, Ankara Higher Agricultural Institute: Planning and Structures.
- Nazlı Taraz, Iconographic Representations of the Republic: First and Second Assembly Buildings of Turkey as Memory Spaces.
2017 // Projects which Received Koç University VEKAM Library and Archives Research Awards:
- Duygu Cihanger, The Poiesis of Everyday Life and Space in Yüksel Street
- Semih Gökatalay, The Effects of Early Cold War Era Turkish-American Convergence on Ankara City Life (1945-1955)
- Elif Selena Ayhan Koçyiğit, A Tale of an Urban Square: Developing Strategies for Continuity of Historic Public Open Spaces Through the Case of Ulus Square in Ankara
2017 // Projects which Received Koç University VEKAM Research Awards:
- Nahide Işık Demirakın, Necibe Işıl Demirakın, Bülent Arel’s Ankara Years (1940-1965): The Cultural Transformation of the Capital.
- Aylin Atacan, Ankara as a Film Set: Reading Architectural History of the City through Ankara Films.
- Çiler Buket Tosun, Our Cultural Heritage Ankara the School of Building Masters
- Özgün Özçakır, Changed Cultural Heritage Values of Hacı Bayram Square from Policy to Practice.
- Azize Elif Yabacı, A Study on the Development of A District and a University Campus with an Ongoing Interaction: Cebeci and Ankara University Campus
- Funda Uz, Designing with Aluminum: Aluminum from 1970s to Today in Ankara Architecture.
2016 // Projects which Received Koç University VEKAM Research Awards:
- Mustafa Haluk Zelef, A contribution to Ankara’s Architectural Memory: Jack Nesim Aggiman and Embassy Buildings.
- Özgür Ceren Erişti, Ceramic Murals in Public Spaces in Ankara.
- Temuçin Faik Ertan, Bahattin Demirtaş, The Ankara Days of Foreign Dignitaries Visiting Turkey (1923-1960).
- Çiğdem Varol Özden, N. Aydan Sat, S. Bahar Yenigül, Aslı Gürel Üçer, Kızılay the Square of the Capital: A Historical Perspective on Social, Economic and Spatial Transformation.
- Arda Can Özsu, Öncü Özsu, The Özsu House: An Essay on the Socio-Cultural History of Hamamönü.
- Zeliha Yiğit, İbrahim Yavuz Yükselsin, Continuity and Change in Ankara Dance Tunes: the New Angara Music
2016 // Projects which Received Koç University VEKAM Library and Archives Research Awards:
- Aslıhan Günhan, Cornell University, From Hygienic Bodies to Destructive Bodies: A Study on the Performative Assemblies at the Station Square in Ankara
- Çağlar Dölek, Middle East Technical University, the Historical Setup of Public Security Policing in Poor Neighborhoods: The Case of Altındağ Çinçin Bağları.
2015 // Projects which Received Koç University VEKAM Research Awards:
- Özlem Karakul, Documentation of the Expertise, Skills, and Behaviors of Traditional Master Builders, Ankara and its Surroundings.
- İdil Bilgin Sait, Object-Based Children’s Activity Book on Cultural Heritage Preservation.
- Umut Şumnu, Documentation of the Lottery Houses Process and Lottery Houses Developed in Ankara by Various Banks.
- Necati Tonga, Ankara as an Eternal Neighborhood in the Republican Era.
- İhsan Seddar Kaynar, From Engürü to Ankara: Economic Transformation of Ankara in the Period 1892-1962.